Disclaimer

All materials, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial, and the material will be removed immediately upon presented proof. Contact: shatril@yahoo.com


All bright red highlighted links are not the work of this blogger. I accept no responsibility for the products or processes advertised by these merchants. All of my highlights are a dark red or blue color. Sorry for the nonsense.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

How to Preserve Lemon Verbena



Lemon Verbena Sugar Paste

I absolutely love the smell and flavor of Lemon Verbena; more than half of the flavor comes from the delightful aroma.  I have grown lemon verbena a few times, and have just put one in the ground for this year.  I will be making the and herbal sugar paste with the leaves, and wanted to share this with my friends, and preserve the method here.  Lemon verbena is great in drinks and desserts; sprinkle on fruits and it's especially nice if the fruit is broiled, make tea, and use in any recipe where a lemony flavor is desireable.

I got the recipe from a blog that didn't have any pictures, so I am getting some pictures and adding the recipe to that.

For every 2 cups of fresh lemon verbena leaves (lightly packed in the measuring cup), use 1/2 cup to 1 cup sugar. I like less sweet stuff so stick with the 1/2 cup.  You can use any granulated sugar that suits your fancy.  The blog suggested natural brown cane sugar, but white sugar is good. Puree in the food processor until it forms a paste.  I use small ice cube tray to freeze mine, the little mini ones.  You can also use plastic bag and press flat and freeze, break off what you need to use.

Other herbs to try with this are, mint, spearmint, and thyme.  There may be others, but I have no experience with them.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment