Disclaimer

All materials, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial, and the material will be removed immediately upon presented proof. Contact: shatril@yahoo.com


All bright red highlighted links are not the work of this blogger. I accept no responsibility for the products or processes advertised by these merchants. All of my highlights are a dark red or blue color. Sorry for the nonsense.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reading Crochet Patterns







This is another one of my eclectic posts.  I have a new Great Granddaughter on the way, and will be crocheting things that I am now pinning on Pinterest. This instruction list will be most helpful.  With this post, the only thing I need to get up here is the afghan stitch, and I'm all set to renew my ability. I have been slacking since the kids started school, and I went back to work. I'm cutting back on the jobs I take, so have more play time. I'm looking forward to making some things for the baby, and my own home.

I found these old stitch instructions in a stack of old books that my mother-in-law had. Her daughter went through what she wanted, and I got the rest. I have seen so many patterns on Pinterest that have the those symbols in the bottom right of the instructions, and never knew how to read them. NOW, with these instructions I can interpret the instructions. YAY!

I decided to share these on Pinterest in order to keep them safe for posterity, and to share with friends. I have crocheted for many years, but have never seen those type of instructions until I started hanging out on Pinterest. I have not been able to find these instructions on Pinterest, and thought it was about time to get some out there that I could use when I need them. I needed to place them some place for my own benefit as well.

2 comments:

  1. This is very helpful. I am learning crocheting and I could not find any crocheting magazine in the shop in my small town. I always wanted to do this. With the above, i will be able to learn the basics. Thank you. Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these available to purchase. I need 250 to ad to gift boxes for children in third woeld countries for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete