Disclaimer

All materials, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial, and the material will be removed immediately upon presented proof. Contact: shatril@yahoo.com


All bright red highlighted links are not the work of this blogger. I accept no responsibility for the products or processes advertised by these merchants. All of my highlights are a dark red or blue color. Sorry for the nonsense.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chicken Parmigiana



Ingredients

6 chicken breast halves or the equivalent of chicken tenders (I just fill the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan).

I pint of spaghetti sauce

½ bag of Kraft Finely Shredded 4 Italian Cheeses

2 bay leaves stuck in the sauce.

Instructions

Lay the chicken in the pan, this works with frozen chicken as well as fresh.  Sprinkle the cheese on the chicken and pour the spaghetti sauce on top.  I have used Ragu Spaghetti sauce when I’m out of my own or don't have time to make the fresh.

Bake for one hour at 350°F.

You can cut the sauce recipe into smaller portions, and make it fresh and use it without canning it.  It is really easy to make in small batches.  I rarely use commercial sauce anymore.

You can sprinkle parmesan cheese of this before serving, but I can’t get that past my nose, and I ate this after the pictures were taken.  Plain mozzarella cheese works on the chicken for backing, but then it isn't parmigiana.  I don't bread the chicken, as I wanted it to be low calorie, and low carbohydrate.

This is good with veal or eggplant.  

Food as Medicine:

This is very low carb, high protein, diabetic friendly and downright good.  This has an extra load of lycopene if you use the sauce recipe linked here.  Lycopene is a great antioxidant.  I like to think of my recipes as good preventive medicine.  Good eats, with good nutrition value.  Free range organic meats are best for you.  I can't help thinking that hormones that plump up chickens and cows, can't help but do the same to us.  The ratios of omega 3 to omega 9 are much higher in the free range animals.  The omega 3 is what is so good for you, and also found in Salmon.  Omega 9 is what will raise you cholesterol, but coupled with the higher Omega 3 and in lower proportions the impact is far less when eating red meat.  I am not a doctor, or nutritionist, but you can look these facts up on the web.  It is easy information to find.  Here is a link to one of my favorite places for grass fed and free range meats.  They deliver to where I live, and I get over into their neck of the woods on occasion.  I don't work for them, but the advantages are worth looking at.  It is also good for the environment.

I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment