Disclaimer

All materials, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial, and the material will be removed immediately upon presented proof. Contact: shatril@yahoo.com


All bright red highlighted links are not the work of this blogger. I accept no responsibility for the products or processes advertised by these merchants. All of my highlights are a dark red or blue color. Sorry for the nonsense.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Deeds

Today I had the opportunity to watch someone perform a good deed.  I remember hearing somewhere about how good deeds just brighten everyone's day.  Not just the person for whom the good deed was done, but also for the person who performs the good deed.  What I found interesting in all of this is just how wonderful it made everyone in the store feel to see it happen.  I know it made my day.

The good deed was, a woman with a couple of small kids had ran out of money to pay for her groceries.  Now this wasn't a huge sum of money, and the woman behind her handed her the cash to cover the rest.  The look on the woman's face was worth a thousand words.  She didn't appear to be in desperate need, and said she could run home and get the money.  The other woman just said, "I hate dragging the kids all over, this will just save you the headache of doing that.

Every mother within hearing distance had to be feeling the thrum and thinking, Oh yeah take the money and be grateful for the effort.  I know that I always offer to help when and opportunity to aid someone who needs a hand.  It doesn't need to be money, but a hand with lifting and carrying things.  Putting an old person's cart back for them.  Shoveling the widow next door's sidewalk.  It doesn't take much, but it does so much for everyone involved.  I know it makes me feel wonderful when some youngin' does something nice for me.  Well it also might be and oldster who offers help too.

Thanks to all the do gooder's out there.  You make my day, in a really good way.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment